Monday, November 8, 2010

My Saturday morning

I woke up about an hour later than I was supposed to and headed out to the Shoeboxes for Children event at the Hollywood Community Church.  I got lost due to faulty yahoo maps directions but finally managed to get there.  Because of the mental drain, I wasn't feeling much for packing boxes and tight spaces, so I dropped off several bags of candy and went on my way. 

I made it to North Miami Beach for my personal beach clean up goal and was successful filling up a large bag of garbage.  A woman with her daughter saw me cleaning garbage and gave me some trash to put in my bag. She commented as well how people tend to just dirty things around them with no care for the consequences.  She was absolutely right.  When we put garbage in the water, that same garbage turns into foul food for a sea creature or a death trap.  Poisonous toxins get taken in by fish and dolphins and whatever animals swim in the sea, including humans.  Personally, I don't want to have any part of pollution and so I will do the best I can, most especially to clean up our Ocean shores. I am just one person, however I think whatever I do can make a positive impact on my community overall.  I don't want to be that one person saying "I wish I did this" or "I wish I did that." I am active person who will do what I speak about and not just pipedream it.

For the oceans I love,
CDF

No comments:

Post a Comment