Friday, November 5, 2010

A Plan

So I'm visiting these websites: www.s4cglobal.org, www.seashepherd.org, and www.savejapandolphins.org, and I'm trying to think what can I do to contribute to the cause?  I don't have lots of dough, and I'm already doing a small monthly donation to saving the dolphins at the Cove.  Watching the clips on Surfers 4 Cetaceans where Dave Rastovich and his fellow surfers cleaned up rubbish on the beaches inspired me to do the same as well. 

Last month, I volunteered for the Annual Miami-Dade County Coastal Clean up and picked up about 50 lbs. of garbage by the North Miami Beach waterways.  That was just one day during the year.  If I pledge to clean a large garbage bag full of seashore/waterway rubbish every Saturday morning, I can accomplish way more than the once a year cleaning crusade.  Tomorrow morning, I will walk along the beach shores of North Miami Beach to fill my garbage bag in an effort to prevent our ocean friends of entanglement, drowning, and poisoning.  Our friends need our help now more than ever after the devasting Gulf Oil Spill, which still has not been cleaned up.  Let's see how this weekend unfolds.

Friend of our seas, CDF

No comments:

Post a Comment